This is really big news if your a David Bowie fanatic and Chris Hess of Hess Design Solutions is just that. The V&A Museum has been granted access to the David Bowie Archive to curate the first international retrospective of the career of David Bowie. David Bowie remains one of the most pioneering and influential performers of our time. The exhibit contains more than three hundred objects, including handwritten lyrics, costumes, photos, set designs, album artwork, and rare performance material from over five decades all brought together from the David Bowie Archive for the first time.
This exhibition demonstrates how the artist’s work has both influenced and been influenced by wider movements in art, design, theater, music, and contemporary culture and focuses on his creative processes, ch-ch-ch-changing styles, and collaborative work with diverse designers in the fields of fashion, sound, graphics, theatre, and film. The exhibition’s multimedia design introduces advanced sound technology, original animations, and video installations to create an immersive journey through the artistic life of one of the most iconic figures of our time, the great, David Bowie.
- Art Gallery of Ontario, Toronto, Canada from 25 September to 27 November 2013
- Museum of Image and Sound, Sao Paulo, Brazil from 28 January to 21 April 2014
- Museum of Contemporary Art, Chicago, USA from September 2014 to January 2015
- Philharmonie de Paris/ Cité de la Musique, Paris, France from 2 March to 31 May 2015
- Groninger Museum, Groningen, The Netherlands from 15 December 2015 to 15 March 2016